Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Audio CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3

    Audio CD

    Help I think I am missing something here. My knoppix can't play audio cds. All audio cds are not recognised at all. Data discs are fine though.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929

    Re: Audio CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioxin
    Help I think I am missing something here. My knoppix can't play audio cds. All audio cds are not recognised at all. Data discs are fine though.
    Ah. You don't mount audio cds. Just pop it in and (I'm assuming you want to play it) open up KsCD

    (Kmenu>Multimedia>KsCD). You may need to tweek the volume up on Kmix first, and note that Kmix has its own volume control.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    Well I've never encountered this with the previous knoppix distro nor ubuntu. I use Kscd of course but kscd just refuses to read cds.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    42
    I have the same problem. kscd is looking for /dev/cdrom which it says it can't access. The file is there, but it's zero bytes and owned by root. Permissions cannot be changed.

    I did find another Linux CD player that worked, but it removed all (ALL) root access and I had to wipe the machine and start again. Not going to do that again!

    I hear reports that Knoppix can't actually handle music CDs, so it's back to Windows for that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    168
    Kmenu > Multimedia >Kaffeine (Media Player) worked for me palying musinc files from a NEC DVD player/burner

Similar Threads

  1. How to fix audio?
    By ChoiBoi92 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
  2. No Audio
    By SmokingTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
  3. APE audio support?
    By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:51 AM
  4. Problem with audio
    By Rat attack in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
  5. Cannot Play Audio CDs
    By JockVSJock in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99