Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how do I write a script?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30

    how do I write a script?

    I'm trying to get my wireless up and running as per: the instructions at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers/405.

    I came across this step:

    Finally, you need to create a script, name it whatever you want, I named mine: wlan.
    Add to this script the following:

    echo "Loading ndiswrapper..."
    modprobe ndiswrapper

    ....
    ...
    ..
    .

    echo "Activating UP address via DHCP..."
    dhclient wlan0

    Make it executable: chmod 755, then add it to your rc.local, and your set to go. Every time the computer boots up, your wireless lan should come up ready to go.
    I figure I can just copy/paste the stuff the belongs in the script, but I have no idea where i should paste it!
    and I also do not understand the last line

    so, where do I go from here?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32

    Re: how do I write a script?

    Quote Originally Posted by jehan60188
    I'm trying to get my wireless up and running as per: the instructions at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers/405.

    I came across this step:

    Finally, you need to create a script, name it whatever you want, I named mine: wlan.
    Add to this script the following:

    echo "Loading ndiswrapper..."
    modprobe ndiswrapper

    ....
    ...
    ..
    .

    echo "Activating UP address via DHCP..."
    dhclient wlan0

    Make it executable: chmod 755, then add it to your rc.local, and your set to go. Every time the computer boots up, your wireless lan should come up ready to go.
    I figure I can just copy/paste the stuff the belongs in the script, but I have no idea where i should paste it!
    and I also do not understand the last line

    so, where do I go from here?
    did youu try using the ndiswrapper script in the networking menu? ... it makes life a lot easier but to answer your question

    ok a script is basically a set of instructions. So all you need to do is open up kwrite or kate (same as a notepad) type in what ever the forum says and then save it.
    now you need to give it permissions to exectute so just do
    # chmod 755 filename (make sure u are in the directory where the file is)

    and finally add this in your /etc/init.d/rc.local file. Do you need more help?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
  2. help with simple script
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
  3. script for services
    By fsiviero in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:35 PM
  4. Help with a script
    By lindros in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
  5. script
    By punk000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$71.87



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99