Thank you...
I wanted to put Knoppix to a hard drive install a while back and never really had much success with it.
This was VERY informative! It was exactly the info i was looking for. thank you thank you!
Just for the record; i had WinXP on one partition of the hard drive. (unallocated space on the rest) I just left the Win partition alone in Qparted and made my swap and ext3 no problem from what was left... the rest of the install as described in the tutorial... The boot loader was set and configured automatically, I now have a perfectly functional dual boot system!
Its Working Great!
Again, Great Job Irongeek!
Ted

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server UCS B200 M6 Dual Intel Xeon 3rd Gen RAID 0/1/10
$750.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$199.00