That was great! How about showing a dual-boot install with a existing NTFS partition?
Well, I normally do security videos, and this is not exactly a security video, but it still may be useful to some. I created a Flash Animation of how to install Knoppix 3.8 to your hard drive. It’s 3.75MB in size. You can find it at:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/knoppix1
Hope it’s of use to some of you. It’s a great way to get a Linux box up and running fast. I illustrate how to add extra tools after the install by setting up Dsniff on the box. Enjoy. It may still have some bugs, email me if you find any major ones.
That was great! How about showing a dual-boot install with a existing NTFS partition?
At some point maybe. Does Knoppix come with a tool for resizing an active partition?
Dear Irongeek,
you did a very very nice work. I am wondering, what program do you use in order to produce this fine and informative videos? (I asking you because I am teacher and I need methodes like this but I have not found the proper tools-programs. Please be a little be specific because I am newbie at this field...)
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
Nice work Irongeek! Can anybody put this in "Sticky" please?
I used VNC to get the display to a windows box, then I used CamStudio 2 (the Open Source version thats hard to find now) to capture the video. I then use VirtualDub and Flash MX to put it all together. I grab the audio with Audacity. You can find a link to CamStudio in the credits section of the Knoppix tutorial.Originally Posted by mikekgr
Qparted?Originally Posted by Irongeek
yeah qtparted: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16113Originally Posted by harryhood
Cool, I did not know that QTParted supported that.
woww, great!!!!
It's since 3.4 I try install without success and now I've understand the qtparted step where I usually stopped me!
many thanks!!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98