It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.
I downloaded Knoppix recently and it loaded fine from the CD on bootup. But it shows me an error, 'Sorry, cannot find the Knoppix file system. Dropping you to (a very limited) shell' and then it goes the the Knoppix shell prompt. The big Knoppix file has the path 'F:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX'. Is it possible to find the file system manually ? My CD drive is Samsung 52X. Any help will be appreciated by this newbie![]()
It is not the Samsung 52X. I have one of these and it works fine with Knoppix. What computer are you using? I have an old laptop (Toshiba Tecra) that has the same problem.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99