-
Install Knoppix on USB thumb drive
I am thinking about buying a 1 Gig USB flash drive for Knoppix. My motherboard bios does offer the option of
booting to USB. I am wondering how I would install the Knoppix distro to the flash drive.
Can I just copy the files from the live Knoppix CD to the USB drive or do I have to do something else?
I have been using the Knoppix Live CD with a 128 meg USB flash drive for a development project and I am
getting tried of having to configure the file system every time I boot up and I would be able to save my files
directly to the distro if I moved Knoppix on a flash drive.
Any and all help is appreciated.
- - Wild
Similar Threads
-
By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
-
By slush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
-
By twr50 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 05:06 AM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By jbreiden in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00