View Poll Results: anybody else frustrated?
- Voters
- 22. You may not vote on this poll
-
Junior Member
registered user
Getting to understand the original poster on this thread. After 8 yes 8 rewrites of a CD eventually got one to boot. OK you genii I hadn't checked the MD5, (but I was confident in my download (never had a problem with cuteFTP in years!) When I then checked it, it was OK anyway! Wrote several CD's with Nero, (another piece of software which has been problem free under Windows). For no apparent reason got one that works. BTW tried 4x didn't work, 8x did.
I finally get system to boot with Knoppix, and it hangs at the X11 prompt! This is getting silly, I originally thought wouldn't it be good if I could learn a bit about Linux, so maybe set up a test Apache / MySQL server. I realised there would be a bit of a learning curve, but cannot see an end in sight. I used to be a proficient techie, but am now researching for small web business. Installed several ports of Unix in past though now forgot most of it, never had the same problems as with this. I read most of the posts on this thread and they are from people a long way in front of me, I shudder to think how a typical user would manage with this implemetation of Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By AV087 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:51 PM
-
By ksation in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 08:44 AM
-
By frankiejr in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99