Good evening everybody,
I just wanted to start a Linux text console on a Toshiba Satellite 4010 CDT using Knoppix (3.3, 3.4 and 3.7) a view days ago. Later I also tried DSL (DammSmallLinux) and Kanotix etc. (both uses the - so called - Knoppix Boot Technology). Every time I had the same problem. The real screen resolution of this laptop is 600 x 800 pixel, but it can manage a "virtual" screen resolution of about 768 x 1024 pixels. The rest of the virtual screen is invisible behind the right and the bottom border of the screen. If you have a mouse, you can navigate in this mode - the screen follows the mouse. But in Linux text mode I haven't a mouse and Linux only starts using the full virtual display size (in text mode, XFree uses 600x800!) . So I can't see the prompt for commands ...
I tried to start width frame buffer commands (fb800x600) and commands like screen=600x800, but nothing runs. Booting in "expert" mode is also impossible.
Any ideas? Thanks,
Sebastian

OLOy Warhawk RGB + XPG D35 96GB (3x32GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM DDR4 SDRAM
$625.00
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DIMM 3600MHz RAM CMH32GX4M2D3600C18 (WHITE)
$249.99
SK hynix 16GB DDR5 5600 PC5-5600B 262-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC RAM
$200.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz DDR4 RAM - Black
$320.89
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99