-
ACPI:BIOS age (2001) Fails cut off (2002) acpi=force
Hi everyone:
I've been using Knoppix since ver 3.7 and I've been enable to boot it in my computer.
When I used 3.7 I needed to use the cheat noapic and I wouldn't get any kind of error. Now, using 3.8.x I don't need to use any cheat to boot. However, I receive some error in the start-up.
Whenever I use or not a cheat code and the penguin appear in the corner I got:
ACPI:BIOS age (2001) fails cut off (2002), acpi=force is required to enable ACPI
Audit (1117144935.264:0): initialized
(That 1117144935xx number always change every time I boot)
then everything boots normal, but in the part where is says: “Testing Firewire etc.” I get:
mobprob:FATAL: could not read '/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/input/tsdev.kno': Not a directory
ten times
I've tried acpi=force and it sees that cheat doesn't exist
I've tried acpi=off and that takes care of the BIOS age (2001) error but not the mobprob fatal error.
My computer is a HP 7966 Pentium 1.7GHz 256K cache
768 MB RAM
Radeon 9600Pro 128Mb
I went to the BIOS screen and I found:
Core Version 6.0
BIOS Version 3.10 10/23/02
I have the output of
dmesg|grep hd
dmesg
lspci
lspci -n
if someone needs them. I have two sets of outputs. One using no cheats and the other set is using:
knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda2/kno38.iso noprompt xmodule=radeon screen=1152x864
Similar Threads
-
By Longfield in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
-
By glimpse in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
-
By macguyvok in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:47 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
-
By hal2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99