Forgive me but I'm a linux newbie :-) Anyways, I'm trying to load knoppix on my laptop but it locks up when it tries to detect my "IBM high Rate Wireless Lan" PCMCIA card. If I don't have the card inserted while it boots, it boots perfectly. But when I insert the card back in when it finish booting, it beeps once and locks up again. Is it something with the card or the PCMCIA slot? The card is also aka orinoco silver card if that information helps. thanks
Update--
Okay funny thing, the pcmcia card works fine if I set the bios setting for Plug and play OS to yes. I had disable it before because my sound card wouldn't work with it set to yes. So I have a choice of either surfing the web without sound or listening to mp3 without network access. Eh, I can live with this.

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
FREE S&H - Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3x 15.3" WUXGA Touch Snapdragon X X1 16GB 256GB
$325.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80