Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: web server +perl cgi problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    web server +perl cgi problems

    I have successfully set up a web server using knoppix and apache and all my HTML files can be seen from the web. I can't seem to get perl scripts to execute however, I've tried all the things people have suggested on this forum but when ever I try to run a perl script from the web browser it just asks if I'd like to download the file.

    Am I missing somthing here?

    Any help greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    126
    Which directory do you place your perl scripts in?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: web server +perl cgi problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardil
    I can't seem to get perl scripts to execute however, I've tried all the things people have suggested on this forum but when ever I try to run a perl script from the web browser it just asks if I'd like to download the file.
    Can you post your /etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf file or even better a trimmed version with the comments removed? You can trim the comments out with grep:
    grep -v -e '^ *#' -e '^ *$' /etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org/

Similar Threads

  1. Server Side Perl Scripts and Inaccessible cgi-bin Directory
    By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
  2. Running Server Side Perl Scripts
    By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 09:30 PM
  3. Strange dependency problems related to Perl
    By Doppelbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 01:21 AM
  4. X server problems
    By smartin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:40 PM
  5. Knoppix Apache / SQL / PHP / Perl Web Server?
    By Zoplax in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00