OK
I think KNOPPIX should have Flash 7 built right in. I mean come on! Othe live linux cds have it built in. I hate having to download Flash and install it!!!![]()
Sorry.
Matthew
OK
I think KNOPPIX should have Flash 7 built right in. I mean come on! Othe live linux cds have it built in. I hate having to download Flash and install it!!!![]()
Sorry.
Matthew
Oh it would be nice. But there is a little matter called software licensing. The Flash player is not Free Software or Open Source Software so you can not just assume to include it on a Linux CD. Every End User is supposed to agree to this licensing if they want to run the Flash player on their machine http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...cense/desktop/. Every distributor of Flash on a CD must first agree to this license and then fill out a form http://www.macromedia.com/support/sh...ng/main_2.html. A Linux distributor is not at all permitted to distribute the Flash player unless he has agreeded to the license and filled out the license form. Those Linux distributors that skirt this issue & just include the player anyway are in violation of the license and probably also infringing on Macromedia's copyrights. We all must honor their copyrights & licensing even if we do not agree with it because copyrights are accepted as international law.
Other Linux distributors can let the user follow another method to get the flash player. Novell/Suse Linux 9.x Pro does not bundle the flash player but their YAST online updater program (YOU) allows the user to select the flash player and then the user must decide to agreee to the license. If they do not agree, then they the player is not installed.
I hope this helps.
James

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99