-
wireless problem on laptop
Hi
I can not connect my laptop to my wifi network with knoppix. It works fine in windows XP.
The hardware is
ACER Notebook ASPIRE 1522 WLMI
processor: AMD ATHLON 64-BIT 3000+
60 GB. harddisc and 512 MB. RAM
Wireless LAN 802.11g WiFi network (INPROCOMM chip IPN2220)
I am using Knoppix version 3.7 from cdrom.
The ndiswrapper script didn't work for me so I tried to follow the instructions from the sticky "Success with Knoppix 3.6 and wireless networking"
I can load the driver with ndiswrapper
Code:
ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
neti2220
there is also no problem with
Code:
modprobe ndiswrapper
lsmod shows that the ndiswrapper module is loaded.
The problem starts with
Code:
iwconfig wlan0 essid any
this results in
Code:
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
Set failed on device wlan0 : No such device
And that is where I am stuck
Any help is welcome
Charles
-
I upgraded to knoppix 3.9.
I still have the same problem.
this is my iwconfig
Code:
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Bit Rate:1 Mb/s
RTS thr:2347 B Fragment thr:2346 B
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality:100/100 Signal level:56/154 Noise level:0/154
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
I hope this helps as I am
-
If you haven't worked it out the latest release of Ndiswrapper is required.
Check the ndiswrapper forums.
Stephen
Similar Threads
-
By caola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
-
By ccalavas in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 10:56 PM
-
By dubya in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:59 PM
-
By nreddy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:02 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98

Samsung Portable SSD T9 1TB USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Black Encrypted Drop Resistant
$185.00