Hello,
I have a old laptop which I have recently installed Knoppix on (Hard disk install). It is working fine but it does not recognize my D-link wireless card. I have been through the forums and followed the instructions to get the drivers but even once they are installed (ndiswrapper) the card is not recognized. I have also tried the walk through, Craig's ACX100/111 Guide for Linux, but have been unsuccessful.
I think the drivers are fine but the card is not 'active' as neither lights (Act or Link) flash at any point and the Info Center says the card slots are empty.
Does anyone know how to get this card 'turned on'?
Desperately seeking help, Thanks
Jeeves
Laptop: Time Computers (old!)
Card: D-Link Airplus G+ (DWL-G650+)
Knoppix: 3-1.8.2 - Hard Disk Install

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73