Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

    Hi,
    I having this problem with my router to surf the net when I use knoppix obove version 3.4.


    I’ having a conexxant 4 port router/dlink 530Tx
    When I use knoppix 3.3 on my pc....my hardware was detected clean as a whistle, dhcp detected properly(In boot sequence show back grounding) .....everything run smoothly. I could access the internet /everything run.

    When I tried version 3.6/3.7/3.82
    The kernel seem panicking.

    During the boot sequence everything detected properly also...no error message .
    (Dhcp detected/back grounding>the same message in version 3.3)
    when I comes to gui screen >comes the audio(Initiating startup sequence)>audio hang repeating (initiating) till kde finish loading....audio kept repeating.
    1.)I manage to solve the audio problem by running alsa audio config again
    2.)Now the difficult part is on boot sequence>boot mesg shows dhcp detected/backgrounding,but I still can access any internet access.
    3.)I have ran Netcard config use Dchp detection but it shows error. I tried to boot version 3.3 get what ever setting that was on >>>replace configuration in version 3.6/3.73/3.82 upon bootup...without success getting my connection up.

    Question.
    1.)Is their a way to restart the Ethernet driver and Dhcp similar to alsa Audio config?
    2.)What sort of information shall I need to get from version 3.3....to be implanted on version 3.4 above to get the lan working ?

    Plse Can anyone help me!!!!! ......
    I have already spent the last 4 day in the forum to searching for similar problem.....
    some just have to rerun netcardconfig everything ok!!! but mine It shows dchp not detected error.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

    Quote Originally Posted by frenco
    Question.
    1.)Is their a way to restart the Ethernet driver and Dhcp similar to alsa Audio config?
    This seems to depend on just what interface you have, but it works in my notebook: sudo mii-tool -r and then a netcardconfig . I think there are some other commands that will reset/restart the interface if mii-tool doesn't work for you, but I don't know what they are. You might also want to look at the pump command, I never did quite understand exactly what it does.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Re: Knoppix version obove 3.4 don't work on my router. DHCP

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Quote Originally Posted by frenco
    Question.
    1.)Is their a way to restart the Ethernet driver and Dhcp similar to alsa Audio config?
    This seems to depend on just what interface you have, but it works in my notebook: sudo mii-tool -r and then a netcardconfig . I think there are some other commands that will reset/restart the interface if mii-tool doesn't work for you, but I don't know what they are. You might also want to look at the pump command, I never did quite understand exactly what it does.

    I have tried
    http://kanotix.com/files/kanotix/
    It is also based on knoppix ...I ran smoothly.......no prob......what could be wrong with with knoppix 3.4 above ?

    I have tried this command sudo mii-tool -r >but there is an error
    I'll try to read thru the pump< > Thanks..

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get DHCP from the router for Broadcom 440x
    By dundas in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
  2. I can't get Knoppix to work with DHCP
    By jfern in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 05:46 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$368.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1100.00