-
Sony Vaio and Knoppix, Pls Help!
Hello.
I am an experienced Windows user with a major problem. Recently my Sony Vaio VGN-A317M running XP crashed and wouldnt boot, cheers Bill. It has very important work for work and work for college on it. It is currently running with 3 partitions, 1 with the Recovery data, one as C with OS and apps, and the 3rd has all my documents on it. The drive is SATA and the laptop has no floppy so I cant simply do a reinstall of Windows, and I don't have any recovery disks.
So I have turned to Knoppix to help me get back my files. However when I use and boot the disk it displays the Penguin logo on the top left, displays some text, then does nothing. After 5 mins the screen goes blank and does nothing.
Does anyone have an idea how I can get it working to copy my files?
Many thanks and I hope you can help!
Ben
Similar Threads
-
By PattiMichell in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM
-
By mikebo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2007, 05:55 AM
-
By hagbard in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 03:34 AM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT
$50.00

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW
$29.99

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95

Vintage IBM ThinkPad T41 2373-7JU Pentium M Laptop Untested Parts/Repair No AC
$35.00

Vintage Military Board Gold Ceramic IC PCB Motorola CMOS Hybrid Circuit Board
$36.95

V2 Premier 9120 Vintage PC Pentium 4 2.4GHz w / 256MB RAM CD-RW Floppy NO HDD
$299.99

RARE VTG ACORN PUBLISHING LOGO & READING PROFESSOR USER GUIDE+DISKS -EPSON QX-10
$249.95