-
Contender for stupidiest questions ever
Hi!
I've installed Knoppix 3.2 in a primary slave 80G HD while I have Windows on the primary master. I did not install LILO upon installation but would like to do so now. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I've checked the lilo.conf file and it appears fine with a mention to my Windows system. I run lilo; it doesn't give me any error but when I reboot I don't see any change. I've tried to boot from both the primary master and slave (in BIOS) but I still can't boot Linux from HD. I can boot from floppy though and Windows is working fine.
But my major problem is when Knoppix is running (as root or as knoppix). How can I access the Windows hard disk? How can I access the other Linux partitions that I created (I split the primary slave in 4 partitions using cfdisk prior to installing Knoppix: I installed Knoppix in the first partition of 4G, then I had another 800 Meg partition for swap and then I had two other partitions of 4G and 71G, but using "df" I can only detect the 4G hdb1 partition where the kernel is installed. How can I use the other partitions?) Finally, how can I access the CD-ROM? When I booted from the CD, I'm pretty sure I could access the CD-ROm. How can I access it now.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By c_programmer in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 03:09 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM
-
By madserb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 07:25 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01