-
Junior Member
registered user
Chubby Puppy
Must admit, Puppy Linux is one of my favorites. I have an aging p1-133 laptop that has no problem running Puppy - (though it is a solid Win98se machine too.)
I realize that part of Puppy's charm is its small size, 60 meg, I still like Knoppix based Damn Small Linux at 50 megs. - more up to date. However, I must add that there are many versions of Puppy, and Chubby Puppy has Firefox and Open Office included. I think it comes in at around 110 megs, but I confess I really like it. I don't need a lot of bloat, just a few bells and whistles.
DSL is knoppix based, but Chubby Puppy is really a full-featured distro.
Similar Threads
-
By wilsonB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
-
By ackelley in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By rsmanyan in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99