-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Flash00
I've tried both Knoppix and Puppy Linux - running from live CD only, not installed to the hd. For my money Puppy is best, primarily because it is designed for a single user who runs as root. There is none of the password agony that Knoppix forces on you for no good reason. Puppy just seems to work, with a minimum of hassle. Of all the distros I've seen it's the only one I'd recommend to someone who didn't know anything about computers. I think that because of its simplified configuration it would stand the best chance of working, and when it doesn't work it would be the easiest to troubleshoot. It is ideal for learning Linux and for experts too.
I love Puppy, myself, though I've still never managed to get my printer to work with it. And it's an HP printer, which is on the list of printers that Puppy has drivers for. If I could just train my Puppy to do that, I'd be a happy dog owner. 
I love Puppy and Knoppix for different reasons. I use both equally, depending on what I want to do during that particular session. I love the Opera browser, so I DL'ed the version of Puppy that includes it...so all 488 my bookmarks (most of which are Linux-related, LOL) can be quickly imported with a few mouse clicks!
Similar Threads
-
By wilsonB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
-
By ackelley in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By rsmanyan in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Netgate SG-1100 firewall
$140.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00