Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't write to new drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1

    Can't write to new drive

    I am booting from CD with 3.8; I have installed a brand new 160 GIG drive. I used cfdisk to created a new fat16 partition then I created a file system on it mkfs.msdos every thing seemed to go well but when I try to write to the new drive konqueror gives me a write error (could not make folder) so I started konqeror from the command line to get some feed back the command line error is (OggS-Seek: 47296 want 1032 got 0 (diff-request -46264)

    any help would be very much appreciated

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Can't write to new drive

    Quote Originally Posted by mikecriley
    I am booting from CD with 3.8; I have installed a brand new 160 GIG drive. I used cfdisk to created a new fat16 partition then I created a file system on it mkfs.msdos
    How big was the partiton and how big was the FAT16 filesystem you put on it? The FAT16 filesystem has a limit of 4GB: FAT/NTFS limits
    Any reason why you used FAT16 instead of ext3 or reiserfs?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org/

Similar Threads

  1. No write permission to USB drive
    By kenny23 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
  2. Write Permissions for USB Drive
    By DigidocTN in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 02:52 PM
  3. Unable to write to flash drive
    By kpfuser in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
  4. How to write on a ntfs Drive?
    By oizo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
  5. Unable to write to USB Drive
    By dcohen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99