-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
loup
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I didn't have to try anything special for the internal wireless card, knoppix detected it automatically. In fact the only minor problem I've had so far is when I did an HDD install for some reason it thinks there isn't a sound card, but pretty much all the applications will play sound just fine. And I didn't do anything to get it to play sound, it just does...
All the Belkin cards I've worked with require you to wrap the windows driver with ndiswrapper. I am not sure about the sound card thing... have you tried booting without the PCMCIA card in? I had a problem a while ago where the boot sequence somehow thought that my PCMCIA WiFi card was the sound card and tried to route all sound through there. Once you're into the GUI, and everything is loaded up, then you can put in the card and it should pick up without problems.
Similar Threads
-
By mimi in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 05:16 PM
-
By StevoB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By cindy in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
-
By cdgeorge in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By andymadigan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99