Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sata DVD drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9

    Sata DVD drive

    Does anybody know how to get a sata drive to boot when it is set to raid in the bios. It will boot when set to ide but when I access the knoppix boot screen and hit enter I get a error msg. kernel panic unable to sync attempt to kill init. When I use a cheat code to get past that error, I can only get to where it is searching for the drive to access the files dev/hda and it continues to search through about 13 then quits. When I set it to raid and boot from my other cd drive everything works fine and I access the knoppix live cd no problem but my cd drive is not a writer and it sometimes cannot read a copied disc. Minor problem but it bothers me that I can't figure out how to get the sata drive to boot. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    Hi

    Give a try with knoopix v 3.8 it can read the sata disk.
    I already done the test on hpcompa dc7100 model.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9

    Sata Drive

    I am using v 3.8 I can get the knoppix boot screen when I use my dvd sata drive, when it is sent to ide, but I cannot go beyond that without getting the kernel panic error and none of the cheat codes will work. when I set the sata drive to raid in the bios my system will not recongize it to boot from. So I have to use my cd rom drive and everything works just fine. I don't understand why the sata drive will not boot when set to raid. And when I have the sata drive set to ide and I am at the knoppix boot screen and use failsafe it starts to access the cd in the drive but seems to get confused as to which one to use because it keeps searching for the drive and eventually just quits

Similar Threads

  1. testing windows sata drive
    By tintin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 02:41 AM
  2. Mounting a SATA drive
    By netneo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
  3. Knoppix 4 on SATA DVD drive
    By jleroy in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
  4. problem with sata drive
    By moep in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
  5. HDD Install on SATA Drive
    By arbeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$199.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



LOT OF 80 - Samsung SK Hynix Micron Crucial Etc DDR3 PC3 Various Desktop RAM picture

LOT OF 80 - Samsung SK Hynix Micron Crucial Etc DDR3 PC3 Various Desktop RAM

$780.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz

$380.00



Lot of 12 Crucial Server Memory 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR3 . picture

Lot of 12 Crucial Server Memory 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR3 .

$169.00