-
Thousand of BAD Sectors on Hard Drive
Alright....
...I began this whole ordeal with the idea (more so, the complete knowing) that the hard drive I am working with is completely HOSED.
However, I conneted the 30GB Toshiba Hard Drive to my laptop, ran Knoppix (from CD) and proceeded to format the drive.
I ran the format with a -v so I could tell how it was doing....and WOW!
Thousands of Bad Sectors!!!
I am not expecting the format to take care of this, or should I? Is the hard drive really hosed if Knoppix can still tell that the sectors are bad?
Let me know.
Similar Threads
-
By don999 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-25-2012, 01:17 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99