-
Thousand of BAD Sectors on Hard Drive
Alright....
...I began this whole ordeal with the idea (more so, the complete knowing) that the hard drive I am working with is completely HOSED.
However, I conneted the 30GB Toshiba Hard Drive to my laptop, ran Knoppix (from CD) and proceeded to format the drive.
I ran the format with a -v so I could tell how it was doing....and WOW!
Thousands of Bad Sectors!!!
I am not expecting the format to take care of this, or should I? Is the hard drive really hosed if Knoppix can still tell that the sectors are bad?
Let me know.
Similar Threads
-
By don999 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-25-2012, 01:17 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00