-
NTFS File permissions problem...
Hey guys... I'm having a time with my Windows 2003 Server.
About 2 weeks ago, I decided to play with my file permissions on a network folder, so my kids wouldn't be able to listen to "inappropriate" mp3s. Well, I've learned my lesson, but I still would like to undo the damage, if possible.
Basically, what I did (stupidly) was DENIED access to the "Everyone" group for one of my music folders. Fortunately, it only affects a few of my MP3s and not the entire collection. But I can't even delete this folder to start over. :P
Anyway, I stumbled upon Knoppix doing a Google search.
I just downloaded the latest version, and booted to it. Of course, I'm able to view these files... but what I want to do is remove the NTFS permission issues.
If I can't do that, what I'd like to do is COPY the folders to another drive that's got a FAT32 partition currently, and then go back in and DELETE the Locked folder on my NTFS drive.
If I enable NTFS write access with Knoppix... do you think I can safely DELETE the Locked folder on my NTFS drive? I have other data on here that I don't want to lose, so I didn't mess around with it.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By tomvollerthun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:10 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By chachi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By hhayes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
-
By bigbene in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor
$85.00

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00