-

Originally Posted by
simkin101
... I have no problems booting from the Knoppix 3.7, 3.8.2, and 3.9 CDs on this computer. Not sure where to go next. I wish Knoppix 3.8+ included the captive-ntfs drivers.

Did you try to boot KANOTIX-2005-02 from the cd ?
Gilles
-
FOLLOWUP: I found that I had copied some of your text incorrectly... I corrected this and now it boots into the Kanotix GUI. I just went through and followed your directions, to successfully gain access to my NTFS drive.
I was able to delete MOST of my files, but there are still a few that are giving me problems. I tried using the default conqueror to explore the drive and manually drag items to my trash can. I also tried the mc program. I just rebooted and I'm about to try it again to see if I can get at those last pesky files.
I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again!!
-
One more followup...
I got it working quite well, now. I was able to delete ALMOST everything...
One last question, though. :P If this one can't be solved, I'm just not gonna worry about it anymore.
I deleted all the FILES, but there are still some FOLDERS that I can't delete.
For some reason, Linux won't give me Write access to the directories themselves, and it won't let me chmod them at all. It shows this:
dr-xr-xr-x
So I have no write access at all, even as root.
Any ideas how to modify these access restrictions? I'd love to do away with these folders once and for all. :P
-

Originally Posted by
simkin101
One more followup... For some reason, Linux won't give me Write access to the directories themselves, and it won't let me chmod them at all. It shows this: dr-xr-xr-x So I have no write access at all, even as root. Any ideas how to modify these access restrictions? I'd love to do away with these folders once and for all. :P
Glad to read that you got it working. Quick suggestion:
Did you verify that all the folders of the parent tree have also the rwx access attributes ?
Cheers, Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By tomvollerthun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:10 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By chachi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By hhayes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
-
By bigbene in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

SAMSUNG 32GB (2x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-UB1-11 Desktop RAM M378A2K43DB1-CTD
$120.00

Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory
$669.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00