Hi everyone...
I am a new knoppix user. Knoppix is able to detect my PCMCIA wireless modem on boot-up perfectly, it initializes card manager and everything. To connect to the internet, i started KPPP, since i have no knowledge about the command line interface. "Query modem" displays my wireless modem's name, etc perfectly. It shows:'' GTRAN wirelss 153 K modem".
I am able to connect, however, am not able to view any web pages. The connection is slow, but is not so slow that i cannot even view a single web page after waiting a long time.
I have noticed one thing....the output bytes are almost 3 times the input bytes. I am able to send 3000 bytes a minute.
I have played with all the settings in KPPP, and read all the help associated with it in KDE help.
Can anyone please help me more? What can I do to get a faster connection? Is it a hardware problem, or is Knoppix not able to extract the best from my modem?? In windows, my PCMCIA modem needs special drivers provided by the manufacturers to run
Thanks in advance..

Wyse Terminal Wy-50 With Cherry Mx Keyboard Vintage CRT Monitor WORKS
$299.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00
VINTAGE 16" BLACK NYLON IBM THINKPAD NOTEBOOK LAPTOP MESSENGER CARRYING CASE BAG
$32.95
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59