-
Sata DVD drive
Does anybody know how to get a sata drive to boot when it is set to raid in the bios. It will boot when set to ide but when I access the knoppix boot screen and hit enter I get a error msg. kernel panic unable to sync attempt to kill init. When I use a cheat code to get past that error, I can only get to where it is searching for the drive to access the files dev/hda and it continues to search through about 13 then quits. When I set it to raid and boot from my other cd drive everything works fine and I access the knoppix live cd no problem but my cd drive is not a writer and it sometimes cannot read a copied disc. Minor problem but it bothers me that I can't figure out how to get the sata drive to boot. Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By tintin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2007, 02:41 AM
-
By netneo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By jleroy in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
-
By moep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By arbeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99