-
Knoppix 3.8.2 installation and partition problems
Hello
i recently downloaded knoppix 3.8.2 and then i decided to instal it as dual boot with my windows xp on my hard disk.
I downloaded flash video by iron geek to learn how to go ahead for installation and found it very helpful. I planned to instal knoppix on my first hard drive which i have divided into 3 partitions i.e C for windows XP,D for knoppix and E for my backup data.
I deleted partitiond D with partition magic so that I can recognize it during knoppix installation.
during the process of installing knoppix I created linux swap and root partitons with Qparted from knoppix to instal knoppix on it.
Proceeding ahead when I started installing knoppix i saw that it would give my whole hard drive in option where to instal knoppix instead of asking about knoppix partitions i had already created.I still accepted the option to choose the whole hard disk and to my astonishment it bagan formatting my whole hard drive but i immediately canceled it.
Now i am wondering if I had created partitions for knoppix on my D drive why won`t it pick up in the installtion process and ask me and would rather go ahead to format my whole hard drive? I was not asking it to consume my whole hard disk,rather i created partitons for it on my D drive ,then why would it try to format my whole hard disk?
plz help me clear this confusion.
thanks
regards.
lapel
Similar Threads
-
By McGyver in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 09:11 AM
-
By Redux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By haze in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99