If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?
Ok. Here is a thought provoker. How about a broadband build of KNOPPIX on a CD. Alright. What I mean by this is that this edition of KNOPPIX can access a whole library of Linux software in a menu format right off the net. Cool isn't it. Now you can have every program at your fingertips without having large KNOPPIX ISO builds. All you need on the ISO are the basic linux files such as the kernel, driver database, and KDE so as to get acces to the database without downloading every single thing that everyone has to use anyway. This way, linux users are offered more to use. OK, unfortunately people with modems are screwed because of the somewhat large files that need to be downloaded and run. Well think about it.
![]()
Mattrock
If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot
$199.95
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99