If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?
Ok. Here is a thought provoker. How about a broadband build of KNOPPIX on a CD. Alright. What I mean by this is that this edition of KNOPPIX can access a whole library of Linux software in a menu format right off the net. Cool isn't it. Now you can have every program at your fingertips without having large KNOPPIX ISO builds. All you need on the ISO are the basic linux files such as the kernel, driver database, and KDE so as to get acces to the database without downloading every single thing that everyone has to use anyway. This way, linux users are offered more to use. OK, unfortunately people with modems are screwed because of the somewhat large files that need to be downloaded and run. Well think about it.
![]()
Mattrock
If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
$40.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 DIMM White
$75.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00