If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?
Ok. Here is a thought provoker. How about a broadband build of KNOPPIX on a CD. Alright. What I mean by this is that this edition of KNOPPIX can access a whole library of Linux software in a menu format right off the net. Cool isn't it. Now you can have every program at your fingertips without having large KNOPPIX ISO builds. All you need on the ISO are the basic linux files such as the kernel, driver database, and KDE so as to get acces to the database without downloading every single thing that everyone has to use anyway. This way, linux users are offered more to use. OK, unfortunately people with modems are screwed because of the somewhat large files that need to be downloaded and run. Well think about it.
![]()
Mattrock
If I'm understanding this correctly, an absolute minimal install, with a pick list to choose software, initially and later would be wonderful. I'm unclear, does the synaptic package manager do this?

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00