-
Junior Member
registered user
I manuallly set my ip address, subnet mask, gateway, broadcast and name servers on my card with no problem and knoppix reports that it is done (setttings are then shown when I execute ifconfig), but still no internet connection.
So I don't think a router will solve the problem unfortunately. I might go out and buy one just to check and return in later on.
Any other possibilities? I've looked at cheat codes and nothing there seems that it would help, and I've checked IRQ's and the NIC has its own.
I found this in another post that was to a user who was experiencing some frustrations as well and said that all they were getting after 4 hours of tinkering was a burnt dinner and a headache (slightly different problem, but still might try it as it sounds fun!)
Turn oven down to a lesser temp so it cooks slower and drink a good French wine. ok ok......
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By Drunx in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
-
By zzapper in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By fabry6210 in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50