-
Junior Member
registered user
Network card not working (not pulling IP address from DHCP)
Hi all,
New here and I first want to say I've read a lot of great stuff on how to work with Knoppix.
That said, here is my problem. Running 3.8.2 and I'm trying to access the internet (using just a cable modem - Comcast, DHCP assigned IP address) and I cannot. This does not work when I boot from CD or from my HD install I did. During the boot process it detects eth0 and then starts DHCP Broadcasting (background).
I tried running netcardconfig and when I tell it to DHCP broadcast I just get operation failed. I tried setting the IP address manually it still no connection.
I've got a 3com Etherlink 10/100 NIC in my PCI slot. Any ideas?
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By Drunx in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
-
By zzapper in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By fabry6210 in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

M321R8GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 64GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 ES Memory
$1999.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 11 M321R8GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 64GB DDR5-4800MHz ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 ES Memory
$16500.00

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98