isn't there anyone that has a solution to this.
I was looking forward to trying the latest Knoppix 3.8.1.
There must be a way to get it working after all it worked alright in v 3.7
For some reason my PS2 mouse won't work in Knoppix 3.8.1 yet it does work on everything else like mepis, ubuntu & the previous knoppix V3.7
I Tried booting with the comand: knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98 and even flashed my motherboard with the latest bios.
My motherboard is a Asus A7V333
Processor AMD XP1700+
256mb Ram
Geforce 4
Can anyone tell how to get it working?
isn't there anyone that has a solution to this.
I was looking forward to trying the latest Knoppix 3.8.1.
There must be a way to get it working after all it worked alright in v 3.7
I really have no idea, as both PS2 mice and USB mice have worked fine for me, and as you pointed out it worked in 3.7. But just on a hunch, you might want to look on the belly of that mouse and see if there is a switch marked somethig like Microsoft/Mouse System (actually, any switch). If so, try booting Knoppix with the switch in the other position. I don't have any confidence that this will help, but it's all I can think of. Have you tried other mice? It would be nice to know if it's a MB issue or a rodent issue. Mice are plentiful, I have many in my house, and a good number of them are the computer kind.
I'll try another mouse tomorrow.
But just for your information, My mouse is a microsoft ps2 intellimouse (2 button, wheel mouse).
Well then I don't expect that there is a switch on the mouse and I rather doubt that the problem will turn out to be the mouse. I have a basic Microsoft Optical Mouse that I can use (although I've used it as a USB mouse recently, since I've found it handy to plug another keyboard into the notebook and it only has one PS2 port. I'm out of ideas on what you can look for when switching mice doesn't work.Originally Posted by roadrash
Hi All:
I am almost embarrassed to admit that I tried this, but
booting with the option
acpi=off
seems to solve the problem (on older computers
with suspect ACPI support).
Enjoy!
Paul Eggermont
I'm confused by your post in this thread Paul. You almost seem to be saying that you were posting the above problem but now you have it resolved. However, you do not seem to be the same person as roadrash, you're not even in the same country. Did you mean to post this in a different thread perhaps?Originally Posted by Paul_E
Harry:
It should have mentioned explicitly that it relates
to PS/2 mouse problems!
But the acpi=off business does resolve the
problem with PS/2 mice on two of my old computers
(an old HP pc, about the same as roadrash's setup, and
also on a Gateway PIII (500Mhz) system). Without it, the
PS/2 mice get ``detected'' as USB mice, with the
above boot option, it gets detected and configured the
correct way.
Hope this clears it up
Paul
Hi there,
I have exactly the same problem as ROADRASH: My PS/2 mouse does not work on Knoppix v3.8.1
First a little hardware data:
ASUS A7S333
Athlon XP 2400+
512 MB RAM
GeForce 4
I tried everything to solve my problem: The "pci=irqmask=0x0e98" cheat, flashing the newest BIOS, the "acpi=off" hint
from PAUL_E....... nothing worked. On the other hand, the KNOPPIX seems to detect my mouse right.
I usually work with a Wndows 2000 Pro, no problems there...
I first thought about the unusualy chipset my MB has (SIS 745), but after checking I found that ROADRASH's board has a VIA chipset, so this seems to be not the cause. Anyway, maybe the ASUS xxx333 series has another flaw (some sort of), which makes it problematic for the newest KNOPPIX.....
PLEASE HELP!
mite give this boot cheat a try: psmouse.proto=imps

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU
$319.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99