-
Thank you for Knoppix
I've wanted to try out Linux for a long time and I was recommended Knoppix. Needless to say I was very impressed and went out and Bought Mandrake within a couple of weeks. After a while, however, either Windows or a program on Windows corrupted the HD that mandrake was on. It took me best part of a week to repair my drive. I re-installed Mandrake about a month later but on a diffrent physical drive to Windows. Again same thing happened. I have since decided that it is a liability to run Linux together with Windows. I know many people do it but it just doesn't want to work for me. But on all those occasions it's thanks to Knoppix that I both still had an OS even though My hard-drives were trashed and I still had access to the net where I could ask for help. Now the only Linux I run is Knoppix. As I mostly use Windows anyway, Knoppix does enough for me to just play around with. I may re-consider installing Linux again but this time it will be on a drive all to itself. My experience of Knoppix has been ... It's a godsend. I've recommended it to all I know
.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49