Dear Sir,
Yes, I too have the same problem and have tried the cheat codes. I learn that my computer is using the Intel 82815 video chipset. I will be searching a solution with you.
Perhaps I could try your 3.7 version? Thanks! Your friend, 45auto
Hi, everybody! I am trying to boot from cd (v3.9) on a hp pavilion 520n with an old compaq presario 1425 monitor. I have tried various cheatcodes such as:
boot: knoppix screen=800x600 ->because this made v3.7 work on this computer.
boot: knoppix vsync=60 ->and 65
boot: knoppix xvrefresh=65
boot: knoppix vga=normal
boot: fb800x600
And various combinations of these codes.
It seems that no matter what I do, after the hardware check the KDE comes up like static on a television (somewhat, because there are colors and I guess I can make out a desktop background. When it is trying to boot to gui mode from hardware-check (text) mode it says:"Starting X11...." and it flashes a black screen. It proceeds to say "Retrying with Server Xfree86(vesa)..." and flashes a black screen, and if I use "boot: fb800x600" it will continue after those two previous messages and say "Retrying with Server Xfree86(fbdev)...", say it failed, and give me a shell prompt. I know it is a display problem, but I just can't seem to get it to boot right.
I have searched the forum and every answer I saw I had already tried. I am at a loss of ideas right now, so any help is appreciated (*any*) and THANK YOU for your time.
P.S.>I am having the same exact problem on this computer with v3.8.2, but v3.7 works fine if I use the cheatcode "knoppix screen=800x600".
P.S.S>If anyone knows a post that might help (I probably looked at it, but just tell me) please give me the link.
Dear Sir,
Yes, I too have the same problem and have tried the cheat codes. I learn that my computer is using the Intel 82815 video chipset. I will be searching a solution with you.
Perhaps I could try your 3.7 version? Thanks! Your friend, 45auto
I downloaded the v3.7 .iso file from this ftp server: ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/knoppix/
I used iso_burn to burn the iso to the cd, but I have had trouble burning at slower speeds, so you may want to try other programs on this site: http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm
IM Having the Same Problem
Tryed a Few CheatCodes Nothing Works >_> using a KDE XFLAT (xtremeflat) Monitor
Worked for Slack But not whoppix of knoppix
Any HELP Would be Appreciated
Email me @ [email protected] if you have a Fix Thanks
EDITED
BURN AT A SLOWER Speed Works 10X better
Sorry for this Quick Editing right after post Thanks
used knoppix testcd
= half Failed Due to Burning Very fast
I have the exact same problem!!! Somebody please help us out...
I have very old black&white (!) monitor and it works in Linux, not sure - Knoppix 3.8 or Kanotix 2005-02, Mepis 2004-06. It is very strange your monitors don't work with screen=800x600 vsync=60.
I have been having the same problem i have posted a thread before and never got a response.. I have tried almost every cheat code and nothing works... i have knoppix 3.6 and it works fine with knoppix screen=800x600 depth=16 but now with the 3.9 release i got nothing ... I have intel i810 chipset onboard video will someone please help out that builds knoppix since this would be a support fourm.. I do under stand that knoppix is free but this is not how you get donations...
i have the exact same problem. this problem never happened to me in knoppix versions prior to 3.8. i think it's a bug in the xserver, but it might also be an incompatibility problem with intel chipsets. i've noticed that in previous replies the intel chipset is a factor.
i've tried using the cheatcodes with three different monitors, two of which are new, but to no avail. and y doesnt anyone care to post a solution? i posted a reply right now in hopes of reviving this issue, since its a very frustrating problem with graphics in knoppix 3.9.
Just a couple of questions to clarify:Originally Posted by iluvtheapple
- are you able to boot into linux? That is, can you boot into a virtual terminal using boot: knoppix 3?
- can you boot into X11 by booting with boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa vga=normal 3 and then typing 'init 5'?
- have you tried cycling through the modes using Ctrl+Alt+-?
- can you get out of GUI mode by typing Ctrl+Alt+F2?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Anyone ??? Is there a way to add the support for intel or what ???? there has to be a solution ITS LINUX

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99