Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: yet another person didn't look at what iso he was downloadin

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    south carolina usa
    Posts
    3

    Help!!!!! Everything is in German and I can't do anything

    Someone please help. I downloaded this program and rebooted my pc from my cdrom and everything is in German. How do I change to English. or how do I atleast power this thing off?????????
    Thank's Bmakhale......

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Help!!!!! Everything is in German and I can't do anythi

    Quote Originally Posted by bmakhale
    Someone please help. ......
    Don't hijack a thread. This was not the topic of the thread you posted into. Start your own thread if you must. Better yet would have been to search the forums, this has been covered in great detail many times. Sounds like you downloaded the wrong version of the ISO. There is a cheat code to force it to English, but you have to know how to type it in properly (since Knoppix thinks you now have a German keyboard). You can sesarch the forums for the cheat code and how to type it or just down the EN version of the ISO.

    I'll see if I can't split this off into it's own thread.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    south carolina usa
    Posts
    3

    I didn't mean to intrude,

    I didn't mean to intrude but everything is in German and I just clicked on something English...

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Help!!!!! Everything is in German and I can't do anythi

    Quote Originally Posted by bmakhale
    how do I atleast power this thing off?????????......
    If all else fails, pulling the plug usually works, although for some notebooks you have to remove the battery too. If you have a reset button that may be a little less drastic, just get the CD out before it boots again.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    south carolina usa
    Posts
    3

    So much for the friendly neighborhood of Linux

    I was alway told that the neighborhood of Linux was a group of people brought together to help each other with the task of creating a metropalous for the good of the people in the computing world. To defend against the giant's of the pc world and to create their own way to achieve the same as the big dog's with out their rules and codes...


    So much for the help......

    Maybe I'll find someone who will take the time to actually help someone in need...

    Thank's for making my first visit to the linux world so freaking pleasant.......
    Bmakhale

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: So much for the friendly neighborhood of Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by bmakhale
    I was alway told that the neighborhood of Linux was a group of people brought together to help each other with the task of creating a metropalous for the good of the people in the computing world. To defend against the giant's of the pc world and to create their own way to achieve the same as the big dog's with out their rules and codes...


    So much for the help......

    Maybe I'll find someone who will take the time to actually help someone in need...

    Thank's for making my first visit to the linux world so freaking pleasant.......
    Bmakhale
    In what way were you not helped? Your post was split into it's own thread, you were told that you got the German iso and that there is also an English iso (EN) that will boot into English. You were told that there is a cheat code that will boot your current ISO into English mode, but added to that you were given the extra information that typing in the cheat code can be more tricky than normal since Knoppix now thinks you have a German keyboard. You were invited to search the forums for the exact thing to type to get the cheat code to work, or given the alternate suggestion of just downloading the propper English ISO (which is what I would do). About all I can see that I didn't do for you was tell you exactly what to type, and that's because I don't exactly remember what to type on an English keyboard when Knoppix thinks it's German and I didn't do the searching for you (Although how had can that search be, given that obvious keywords would be German and keyboard?) If you are under the impression that we come to your house and do these things for you, you may be expecting too much.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32

    Re: So much for the friendly neighborhood of Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by bmakhale
    I was alway told that the neighborhood of Linux was a group of people brought together to help each other with the task of creating a metropalous for the good of the people in the computing world. To defend against the giant's of the pc world and to create their own way to achieve the same as the big dog's with out their rules and codes...


    So much for the help......

    Maybe I'll find someone who will take the time to actually help someone in need...

    Thank's for making my first visit to the linux world so freaking pleasant.......
    Bmakhale

    Yo you need to chill man !

    harry HAS helped you, what are you talking about?

    And yes linux has a outstanding community there is no arguing that (especially knoppix) but it doesnt mean you can hijack threads and flip out on people. Anyway back to your question yeah use the search feature on this forum or just download a english iso (like harry said).
    Need anymore help?

Similar Threads

  1. Another sound problem person
    By Shrike in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:37 AM
  2. Requesting a nice person..
    By MinDFreeZ in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99