-
Install Gentoo w/ Knoppix
I'm trying to install Gentoo using my Knoppix live CD. When I get to the point of the install where I chroot the install manual says to copy the DNS information from /etc/resolv.conf into /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf. The problem is that I can't find /etc/resolv.conf in the Knoppix system. Where is DNS info kept in Knoppix? Once I copy it into /mnt/gentoo, how do I rename it resolv.conf? Thanks a lot.
-
Try /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf but /etc/resolv.conf should be there as well unless something has changed with recent knoppix.
What do you mean how do you rename it? If you cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf it's already named as /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf.
If you want to rename a file do: mv oldname newname
Similar Threads
-
By cyanK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 05:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By digero in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By jago25_98 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new
$235.59

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED
$30.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$55.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00