-
Install Gentoo w/ Knoppix
I'm trying to install Gentoo using my Knoppix live CD. When I get to the point of the install where I chroot the install manual says to copy the DNS information from /etc/resolv.conf into /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf. The problem is that I can't find /etc/resolv.conf in the Knoppix system. Where is DNS info kept in Knoppix? Once I copy it into /mnt/gentoo, how do I rename it resolv.conf? Thanks a lot.
-
Try /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf but /etc/resolv.conf should be there as well unless something has changed with recent knoppix.
What do you mean how do you rename it? If you cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf it's already named as /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf.
If you want to rename a file do: mv oldname newname
Similar Threads
-
By cyanK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 05:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By digero in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By jago25_98 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

Virtium 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ ECC UDIMM RAM VL31A4G63F-C3SA 2Rx8 ULP TESTED WORKING
$250.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM 32gb (2x16gb) 3200MT Cl22-22-52 1.20v 2pcs
$153.11