-
Install Gentoo w/ Knoppix
I'm trying to install Gentoo using my Knoppix live CD. When I get to the point of the install where I chroot the install manual says to copy the DNS information from /etc/resolv.conf into /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf. The problem is that I can't find /etc/resolv.conf in the Knoppix system. Where is DNS info kept in Knoppix? Once I copy it into /mnt/gentoo, how do I rename it resolv.conf? Thanks a lot.
-
Try /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf but /etc/resolv.conf should be there as well unless something has changed with recent knoppix.
What do you mean how do you rename it? If you cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf it's already named as /mnt/gentoo/resolv.conf.
If you want to rename a file do: mv oldname newname
Similar Threads
-
By cyanK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 05:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By digero in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By jago25_98 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Vintage Atari XC12 Program Cassette Tape Player With Original Box As Is Untested
$69.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99