-
One monitor but show 2 desktops after boot
I have a dead windows machine from the daycare that I would like to get the data out of it. It is dead because of Virus. It will boot on Windows but not do much after that. I thought about using Knoppix to access the hard drive.
Problem: after Knoppix boot, on the monitor attached to it, I see 2 times the same instance of Knoppix, one on the right and one on the left side of the screen. If I move the mouse, the cursor will move in both. This is odd enough but it also makes it impossible to read the font on the screen. So I cannot rescue the data in any way.
I tried Slax live CD too and it does the same. Any reason. I am no expert, but did boot from live CD in the past with no problem. However, it is the machine of the daycare, so I do not know the spec of it, aside from the fact they were using windows, and it is now corrupted.
M.
Similar Threads
-
By bibir in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
-
By ultramagneus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By Robbie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 07:49 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
-
By Bd84 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed
$245.57