Try to change your display resolution. Go to K -> Control center -> Peripherals -> Display and do some experiments there.
I have a dead windows machine from the daycare that I would like to get the data out of it. It is dead because of Virus. It will boot on Windows but not do much after that. I thought about using Knoppix to access the hard drive.
Problem: after Knoppix boot, on the monitor attached to it, I see 2 times the same instance of Knoppix, one on the right and one on the left side of the screen. If I move the mouse, the cursor will move in both. This is odd enough but it also makes it impossible to read the font on the screen. So I cannot rescue the data in any way.
I tried Slax live CD too and it does the same. Any reason. I am no expert, but did boot from live CD in the past with no problem. However, it is the machine of the daycare, so I do not know the spec of it, aside from the fact they were using windows, and it is now corrupted.
M.
Try to change your display resolution. Go to K -> Control center -> Peripherals -> Display and do some experiments there.
If all else fails boot 'knoppix2' and run in text mode to copy the files you need.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Blue iMac24 inch 8 core CPU 256GBSSD iMac with Apple MI chip
$975.00
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99