Try to change your display resolution. Go to K -> Control center -> Peripherals -> Display and do some experiments there.
I have a dead windows machine from the daycare that I would like to get the data out of it. It is dead because of Virus. It will boot on Windows but not do much after that. I thought about using Knoppix to access the hard drive.
Problem: after Knoppix boot, on the monitor attached to it, I see 2 times the same instance of Knoppix, one on the right and one on the left side of the screen. If I move the mouse, the cursor will move in both. This is odd enough but it also makes it impossible to read the font on the screen. So I cannot rescue the data in any way.
I tried Slax live CD too and it does the same. Any reason. I am no expert, but did boot from live CD in the past with no problem. However, it is the machine of the daycare, so I do not know the spec of it, aside from the fact they were using windows, and it is now corrupted.
M.
Try to change your display resolution. Go to K -> Control center -> Peripherals -> Display and do some experiments there.
If all else fails boot 'knoppix2' and run in text mode to copy the files you need.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99