Hi,
I have been working on modifying UBCD 3.3 which comes with INSERT (Knoppix based). Anyhow, I added an application to my CD (ERD 2005) which would not work unless I used Microsuck's CDIMAGE tool instead of MKISOFS. I believe the problem with MFISOFS was the way it renamed long paths into a special 8.3 character equivalent instead of keeping the windows style. At least, I noticed a huge difference in the naming technique that CDImage then MKISOFS for all the 8.3 names it had to create.
In order to get ERD to work I started creating the ISO by using CDIMAGE. ERD works fine when I create the ISO this way. However, INSERT no longer works, returns the error "Can't find INSERT filessystem. sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell."
If I create the ISO once again, without modifying anything at all using mkisofs I get INSERT working again, however, ERD does not.
Any idea?
MKISOFS (CD is the directory with the files)
"..\cdrtools\mkisofs" -V UBCD -N -r -o %ubcdoutput% -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 .
CDIMAGE
cdimage -lUBCD -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b.\ISOFiles\boot\loader.bin -h -n -o -m .\ISOFiles %ubcdoutput%
Thank you!

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$254.97