-
Repairing Windows in Knoppix
After getting the dreaded Blue Screen of Death in Windows XP, I have tried several programs including the Windows Repair Console (completely useless as expected).
Several websites suggested using Knoppix, which detects the partition with no problems.
However, I'm a Linux noob and am trying to work out how to use the repair facilities in Knoppix.
Lots of sites talk about backing up files and reinstalling Windows, but I'd rather try and determine the problem first.
P.S. My Windows boot partition is FAT32 not NTFS
-
Senior Member
registered user
boot your XP CD and reinstall windows, but not fresh/new installation, you must choose repair installation.
you will not lose anything. no need to back first.
-
I believe Oscar is right. The Ms-Dos Command Box will pop up after you hit Repair and you'll just have a "C:>" I think you just type WINDOWS and it should recover your lost data. I know that Knoppix has recovery tools, some of which you have to download, but from what I understand their not for noobs, I'm one too. But the Windoze Recovery Disc should do the job.
Similar Threads
-
By johner in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
-
By Serioso in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
-
By Howitzer17 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By NormanBates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By egancs in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 01:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00