Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: blinking cursor

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3

    blinking cursor

    I have done a quick search and perhaps over looked this in anohter post.
    I have downloaded the latest ISO of knoppix and buring that image to a cd.
    I do not use any additional options when it boots up after I press enter I just see the penguin and a blinking cursor. This also happened on this same machine with 3.7
    I saw that perhaps I need to issue command like nodma or something like that.
    Does anyone have some suggestions?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: blinking cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by kkiedrowski
    I saw that perhaps I need to issue command like nodma or something like that.
    You can try nodma but it became the default in 3.8 and I expect it still is, so it will likely not change things. Press F2 at the prompt to see many of the available options. My first suggestion would be "knoppix testcd".

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3
    audit (1117822844.740:0) initialized is all i get now

Similar Threads

  1. blinking cursor and Penguin
    By kkiedrowski in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 10:06 PM
  2. Monitor keeps blinking in knoppix LiveCD boot
    By gopikrish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
  3. Blinking screen after run fsck
    By Doni in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
  5. Monitor remains blinking on my nForce
    By blubu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98