Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Begginer Trouble

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6

    Begginer Trouble

    I am trying to run knoppix and the CD starts and everything but the screen runs a whole bunch of things and then it says "Starting Init" and then it runs some more stuff and ends up with the last line of code as "Couldn't Init, Try changing Option = Init to Kernel" or something close to that. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, how did they fix it?

    Any help is much appreciated!

    Bubbs

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6
    Ok the exact phrase is "Kernel Panic. No init found. Try passing init = option to Kernel"

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    Bubbs

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    72
    Bubbs,

    I'm a n00b too, but my first guess is that you have a bad CD. A "kernel panic" means the system crashed, the "init" is part of the boot sequence. How did you get this CD? If you burned it yourself, you might try burning a new one. If you got it from another source, did it work in a different computer?

    Hope this helps. Maybe someone with more experience can help a bit better than I...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6
    Thanks I will try that!

    Bubbs

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6
    Ya its still not working...

    I just noticed that before the kernel panic at the end, there is a whole bunch of Cloop errors and x amount of bytes are lost. Also if it helps I am buring at 16x speed using Nero...

    Plz help I really want to get this working!

    Bubbs

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    72
    Bubbs,

    I think 16x is too fast, try burning at a slower speed. In fact, try burning at the slowest speed you can set it to. Also do a search of this forum, I believe this topic has been discussed before.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6
    Thanks I'll Try!

    Bubbs

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6
    Nope still not working...I tried it on another computer too but nothing...

    Thanks for Tryin, I guess im stuck with windows!

    Bubbs

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbs
    Nope still not working...I tried it on another computer too but nothing...

    Thanks for Tryin, I guess im stuck with windows!

    Bubbs
    Naw, don't give up that easy!

    Two more suggestions (keep in mind I'm a n00b too):

    1. Try re-downloading the file and then burn at a slow speed. I'm still thinking something got corrupted on the CD someplace.

    2. Repost your questions on this forum with a title like: "Kernel Panic during boot with v3.8" or something like that. Include the version of Knoppix and as much info about your computer, details of how you burned the CD and the error messages as you can. This is more likely to catch the eye of one of the gurus that hang out here...

    Don't worry, it'll be fixed but it may take a bit more effort.

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93
    I had a similar problem and copied it at 4x using Nero and copied Disc at once. Don't know if that'll help any

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with jdk?
    By Israel in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
  2. Sound Trouble + Modem Trouble on Knoppix 4.0
    By AJones in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
  3. X11 trouble
    By nirav1983 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
  4. I am alinux begginer - please help
    By tweak in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:41 AM
  5. Having trouble....
    By Enigma13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On picture

Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On

$25.00



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



Atari Talk & Teach Spelling CX6015 Cassette Tape Set (4) English Atari 400/800 picture

Atari Talk & Teach Spelling CX6015 Cassette Tape Set (4) English Atari 400/800

$32.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 850 Interface Module 400/800 Comp. Power supply.parallel printer cablewbox picture

Atari 850 Interface Module 400/800 Comp. Power supply.parallel printer cablewbox

$135.00



Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord  picture

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord

$23.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29