Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Speedtoch 510 lan ADSL- Router problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Speedtoch 510 lan ADSL- Router problems

    Hi folks,



    since two weeks I work at connecting my Knoppix 3.7 to ADSL.
    This router always is connected to adsl. For data transfer operations I have to login with username and password to the providers server.
    DHCP is ON and I'm able to reach the lan-card as the router by "ping".
    When I call the router's IP in the konqueror there is an option to
    - lock thr router by password - let's forget it
    - login by username and password (to my providers server or only the hardware firewall?????)
    when I type my adsl data in this fields the status doesn't change to connected; only below there changes the text to "disconnect".
    You see, my problem is to get access to my providers server. Maybe some of you have any idea to solve the problem.
    With this router I got an installation guide for linux, but there all is written for terminal mode (oh yes I also prefer terminal mode, when the OS once is installed on the hd) but I can't believe that this should not be able with kde.
    I also have seen a lot of solutions for the usb- routers from speddtouch but none for the lan- types.

    Thank you very much for your reply!

    Andl

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    My case is different, maybe is of no help for you. ADSL Ethernet modem - setup with web browser as bridge, mmode. Than I went to ADSL/PPPOE configuration and put my user_name@provider_domen_name and password there. I use nodhcp in bootloader, so NIC has not IP adress.

  3. #3
    Hi,

    thank you for your reply. In the meantime I don't think that it is a lan- problem itself.
    With ADSL/PPPoE- option I always get the error "PPPoE cannot reach the access concentrator of the provider; its maybe still busy".

    Andl

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    I get this same error until I put "acpi=off" in the boot loader. It sounds strange, but it is true. I don't remember which version or kernel. There are many small differences all the time...

Similar Threads

  1. no Internet conexion with ADSL & router
    By shirow in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
  3. Setting Up ADSL Router
    By ForbiddenSword in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 05:26 AM
  4. Internet/Router Problems
    By kaen in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00