-
howto enable bash history
Command line recall history usually seems enabled when I start bash on a unix system.
What do I have to do to enable it in KNOPPIX booted from cdrom?
Tried "export HISTORY=100", but there must be more steps necessary. Once I get history working, and can save and reboot with my preferences, I should be on my way.
Thanks to all advisors.
-
What a Bozo I am. I was trying to use <ESC> and hjkl from my old ksh world.
Arrow keys seem to work fine.
Similar Threads
-
By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 56
Last Post: 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
-
By jthurst1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
-
By Jared in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 04:11 AM
-
By lillyt in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 04:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Sophos XG 310 Rev. 2 Network Security Firewall Appliance
$195.00

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99